October 21, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 10/21/16

Two decades ago ... in 1996 ... I continued to get pictures sent to me from my biological mother out west.  This one has her writing on the back of it that says "sunflowers that almost bloomed summer 1996".

Someone that knew her better than I did will have to tell me whether she had a thing for sunflowers (being "out west" for most of my life, I didn't have a super-close relationship with her).  I also know from my photo album from this particular year that one of my family members was actually out there with her at the time this shot was taken (more about that in two weeks).

No matter what didn't happen in person for me though, one thing I had consistently until the end (she passed a year and a half ago) was notes and cards and an annual Christmas/Bday gift and pictures like this one.

And now that they've stopped, it makes what I got back then have extra value.

No comments:

Post a Comment