August 28, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 40


In 40 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #40:  Smokey, the dorm cat.

So ... here's the way it worked.  Pets were not allowed in dorm rooms.

HOWEVER, we were in FE213, which was officially at the end of the hall.  As such, it was our understanding that the rules did not apply to us.  I mean, sure, it was important to avoid anarchy and we supported the application of rules to everyone else ... but, we were "special".

Which is why we had a kitten.  It took a village to raise the kitty (Brad H, Jon M, Kim H and I all co-parented for awhile), and it was my job to share my ham sandwiches with her and to take her to the park so she could experience the use of her claws (as seen in the photos) before her trip to the vet when they came out.  Oh -- and anyone and everyone got to nap with her.

Between the litter smell and the time she went into heat and got "attracted" to the window handles, I'm not sure if the RA knew or not, but for that semester, Smokey was our therapy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment