July 22, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 7/22/16

Tonight's theme for the 15th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed ... is "world war II".  They are also from the 40's like last time, as now I've switched to a chronological showing of the black and white photos because these have dates attached, and everything that came before was undated.  My father, in his twenties, was stateside and serviced planes in that war, and it paid off for him in the end as it was the only retirement/end of life care that he had.  I have to assume that these are some of his wartime buddies, although by the time I came along three decades later, there were never any stories told from this era for me to know for sure.

#71 - my father in uniform, 1941-42 handwritten in margins
#72 - close up of my father in uniform, 1942-43 handwritten in margins
#73 - my father in uniform with friend, 1941-42 handwritten in margins
#74 - random military man next to big wwII jeep
#75 - random military man (with helmet) in a big wwII jeep




No comments:

Post a Comment