July 22, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 77


In 77 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #77:  the student produced homecoming play from October of 1991, as shown on this sweatshirt (that I tried to put on for the photo ... but sadly it no longer fits)

And let me set your expectations up front right away ... I'm-a gonna need a few days to get through all of *these* memories.

The pinnacle of student run theatre back then was being able to direct your own production, and 'Through a Shattered Looking Glass' was mine to present.  Also -- a correction of sorts.  My production wasn't just "a play", but was four one acts -- and the show opened with a fog, laser and dance number (the first two of those handled by Chris A, and the latter by Alison R), plus there were scene changes like none seen before or ever again (I'm talking to you Rachel M).  The only thing missing -- as some may remember -- was that which my producer Frank Heilman Jr wouldn't let me have:  dancers ziplining to the stage from the lighting booth.

More to come in the memories ahead ... as we've barely scratched the surface of this shattered looking glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment