July 6, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 93


In 93 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #93:  the winter 1991 student production of 'The Philadelphia Story'.

Although it's true that I also went to class when I want to college (for the most part), the reality is that I mark my semesters by what theatre was going on at which time.  And at this time, I was getting my Jimmy Stewart on, playing the Mike Connor role in this classic piece of Americana.

As I recall, I was controversially cast (I auditioned secretly *prior* to going overseas) and I made some controversial acting choices (sorry for using my tongue in the kissing scene, costar Tawni N ...) including giving Matt A (in the Cary Grant role) the go ahead to actually hit me on stage in our scene so that it would appear as authentic as possible (which he did ... and I authentically fell backwards and had to shake off the stars that I was seeing).

But definitely the best part of it (besides have so much hair that I could slick it back) was having so many quality folks on stage at one time (listed in the order they appeared in the program) -- Tawni N, Brigette C, Stacy G, Jef B, David W, Shawn W, Matt A, Katherine H, John B, Bill G, Mark D, Cristal R and Amy H.  Good times indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment