July 23, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 76


In 76 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #76:  the opening of the student produced homecoming play from October of 1991, 'Through a Shattered Looking Glass'.

Since this show will be a multi-day multi-memory experience on this countdown, tonight really only focuses on the back row of six dancers all dressed in black on the bottom photo ... and me on the top, seeing as how I walked through the audience section of the Little Theatre as the show started in a full on Phantom cape (and didn't I have a mask?), stating "Wait ... I think my dear ... we have some guests.  This is indeed an unparalleled delight.  I ... had rather hoped ... that you'd all come.  And NOW ... my wish comes true.  You have truly made my night."  'Cause ... you see ... I was the director.

That opening was followed by a dance number choreographed by Alison R and featuring the aforementioned dancers (including Lissa S!), who performed in lasers and fog and *black lights* (I forgot to mention the black lights last night).

And to think ... this show had barely even begun by that point ...

No comments:

Post a Comment