June 18, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 111


In 111 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #111: surviving pledging and becoming an official member of the Rho Eta cast of Alpha Psi Omega.

As foretold in last night's memory ... I made it through pledging (relatively) unscathed.  And, after paying my $10 in dues (it was 1990 ... so I'm not sure how much the current going rate is), myself and every member of my pledge class were accepted.  (By the way, that class consisted of BJ C, Andy H, Tawni N and Dr. Scott [our faculty advisor].)

Here's the reality ... for someone who started college so soon after running away from home, the group of people who welcomed me into their midst became the second experience I had with "family" as defined as those who supported and cared for me (the first being my surrogate family that took me in in Mar of my senior year of high school).  

And the theatre group in the years that followed were to continue to fill that very necessary role in my young life.  It was ... and it is ... an honor to be a part of their lives and they a part of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment