June 22, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 107


In 107 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #107: Newark to Heathrow to Dusseldorf to Cologne.

Or, more specifically, leaving Newark on a Virgin Atlantic plane to Heathrow in London to catch an air europe flight to Dusseldorf around the Labor Day weekend in 1990.  (And then it was a train from Dusseldorf to Cologne to meet my host family and to check out my study abroad school.)

Which, in retrospect, is a kind of exciting solo adventure for an 18 year old boy when it's his first time leaving the country ... and the first time ever flying.

Also, consistent with other posts in this series, you can tell how old I am by noticing that smoking was allowed on my overseas flight back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment