June 23, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 106


In 106 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #106:  my first introduction to public transportation!

Lookit -- the reality is that I could do a whole 'nother series with plenty of entries about the LVC semester abroad program, but I'll save that for another celebration at a later time (or a sooner time if I win the lottery and get to go back to visit).

So I'll try to keep this down to just a few more posts -- including today's with these "welcome to your new city guides" and the transit map and ID card that made it possible to go just about anywhere on the train.  Which was good, because my host family lived on the last stop of that line that ends up in the top right hand corner of the map -- which meant that I may have gone to school in Cologne for three months, but I spent most of my nights in the fall of 1990 in Bergisch Gladbach.

By the way ... look at this:


No comments:

Post a Comment