June 25, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 104


In 104 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #104:  the evening spent under THIS tree in a thunderstorm watching fireworks with THESE people.

The date was October 3 of 1990, and I was still overseas in Germany for my LVC sponsored semester abroad.  The historical significance of that evening is that we (Tony, Monika, Beth and I) were watching the celebration of the unification of East and West Germany -- weather be damned.

That evening, it was hard to believe that just one year prior, as a college freshman, I was stopped outside the hallway of Carol A's special dorm room watching the wall come down (memory #147).  And then there I was, as a college *sophomore*, in the thick of it all.  Who would have thought it?

NOTE:  not pictured was the Toffifay that was also part of our little gathering (my contribution).

No comments:

Post a Comment