May 28, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 5/28/16

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... this is wrong.

So wrong.

And I feel it's my duty to warn you.

I get it.  You like deals.  You are fond of bargains.  You are thrifty.  You are the type of person who makes menu decisions based on a calculation of "calories per dollar".

To be clear, I'm not trying to be classlessly classist either.  I get it that you might be someone who struggles to feed a family on a budget. You might be dealing with long term unemployment, or short term cash flow issues.  You might be responsible for feeding the mouths of many.  You might be shopping at a store where "everything's $1" out of need and not by choice, 'cause ... you know ... disappearing middle class and all.

But still.

PLEASE put down the $1 "steaks" and step away from the frozen aisle at the Dollar Tree.

I firmly believe that you get what you pay for ... and the "steaks" that only cost a dollar are highly suspicious.  I'm not saying for certain from what animal they are cut ... and neither is the Dollar Tree.  (I checked and double checked the ad ... and although it says "ribeye", I fear that many an animal has a "ribeye" ... or at least a "rib" and an "eye".)

IF you are tempted to purchase these items against my advice, PLEASE consider stopping by ye old homestead instead for a bite to eat (just give me notice first).

That is all.  You may go back to your start-of-summer picnics.

THE BEST DEALS (STEAK IS NOT MENTIONED) AS PER THE EXPERT:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/08/get-the-best-dollar-store-deals/index.htm

BECAUSE I'M SENSITIVE TO THOSE WHO NEED TO STRETCH A DOLLAR:
http://strongertogether.coop/food-lifestyle/cooking/meat-your-top-5-affordable-steak-cuts

TAKE THE WORD OF SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND ATE ONE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5aOBMvsPk

No comments:

Post a Comment