May 28, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 132


In 132 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #132:  IN MEMORIAM:  President John Synodinos.

Continuing my mini-set of "in memoriam"s for Memorial Day weekend, President Synodinos and I basically went to school at the same time -- except I went to classes and he went into the president's office each day.  He served from 1988-1996, which covered the entirety of my first tour of duty from 1989-1995.

Classy ... visionary ... personable ... he was all those things and more -- and I'm not just saying that because he made a point to come to our student run theatre productions and compliment us afterward. 

He passed (all too young) during the holidays in 2002 ... and he will always be the LVC president of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment