May 27, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 5/27/16

Tonight's theme for the 11th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed ... have been chosen to go with this holiday weekend -- especially with Monday being the annual Neidermyer Reunion back in Brownstown, just a short drive away from the property where I assume so many of these early photos were taken.

So a few are clearly from a summer picnic ... and then a few more of the old homestead in springtime (although, with black and white photos, I guess only those that were in attendance can remember how things really looked this time of year).

#51 - my dad (a younger version of him) with what I can only assume is chicken from the food line ... the lady in the background behind him with the funky sixties sunglasses looks to me like my Aunt Margaret ... and might the guy all the way at the end be my Uncle Carl (he sure likes like Carl's boys)?
 #52 - my dad's dad Paul (also likely with a plate of chicken) and the older man turning to look at the camera looks more like a Peiffer to me (my grandmother's side of the family) ... plus the one I think is my Aunt Margaret is chowing down on a hot dog in the background .. and there are a number of little kids runnig around
#53 - homestead with bird bath in spring/summer
#54 - porch and trellis (with pretty colorful flowers I'm guessing)
#55 - flower garden in black and white
 


No comments:

Post a Comment