May 26, 2016

L V C || C L Memory 134


In 134 days, I'll be back on campus at my alma-mater at an extra special homecoming as Lebanon Valley College continues celebrating its 150th birthday.  In honor of that countdown, here's memory #134:  IN MEMORIAM:  Dean Greg Stanson.

Exactly four years ago today (on 5.26.12), a memorial service was held for the man I'll always know as Dean Stanson (What can I say?  My archives game is "on point"!) so it seems only fitting to start a mini-set of "in memoriam"s for this Memorial Day weekend within this countdown with memories of him.  

Greg Stanson was the Dean of Enrollment at the time I was accepted to LVC ... and so in many ways, I ultimately have him to thank for the time spent at my alma-mater.  Little known fact -- one of his daughters was the same age as I was AND I met her (and therefore him) because she represented her high school at the HOBY seminar for tenth graders in 1987 -- just like I did.

Funny how things all come together ... and how seemingly unrelated events connect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment