April 18, 2016

Random Memorial for Monday 4/18/16

Gone but not forgotten:  this former home away from home of mine, in the Century in Chicago.

Now that the last class session has been held, and what with the final steps being taken to close the doors by the end of the month, I can now officially mourn the office space that gave us so much during its heyday in the second half of the nulls.

Mind you, it's just the physical space that is closing -- the company for which I still work continues with its presence.  It's just that the customers nowadays are mostly online (those crazy kids), so old fashioned spaces with classrooms with chairs and tables and whiteboards aren't as necessary.

When the other center I once ran in the Chicago area closed, we had a party that included a reading of a special version of 'The Raven' modified for the occasion ... but this one will close with a little less fanfare.  Truth be told, I've been working from home since late 2010, and I've been living far away from Chicago since early 2014 ... but that doesn't mean that I don't have tons of memories of this location (double negative alert -- I DO have tons of memories).

Scene of so many stories to be told in upcoming flashback Fridays once we get to the late 2020's (because I always work two decades after the fact) ... you will be missed (by many).

TIME TO TAKE DOWN THE SIGNS:
http://www.thecenturychicago.com/

HERE COMES THE FUTURE:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/future-classroom-technologies/

IN OTHER KAPLAN NEWS:
http://www.kaptest.com/act/pages/actpartnership

No comments:

Post a Comment