March 29, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/29/16

So I guess this is the spot where I thank 'The Walking Dead' for finding a song that really speaks to me ...

Were it not for that show, I would not have the perfect tune to accompany my bio-pic (should it ever get made) which would have to include the night I was working at the old haunted house outside of Uniontown (the Rich Farms' Fright Farm) when I spent the whole shift in the graveyard scene where I was assigned staring at a candle until it died -- for hours on end.  (It's one of just three times in my life where I completely let go and existed purely in emotion, allowing myself to slip the surly bonds of sanity for a snippet of time.)

That moment aside, there may not be a better song that captures how the walking wounded, damaged souls from youthful trauma that they be, learn how to let the past pain drive them toward success later in life:

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Or so I've heard ...

THE (SLIGHTLY FASTER TEMPO) WALKING DEAD VERSION:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DID-XxfIA-k

No comments:

Post a Comment