March 22, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/22/16

What's in the trash can this week?

The same band that is often in that spot (at least so far this year) since I started this series where I discard a cassette from my extensive collection because I also already have the CD version in that same collection.

I'm pretty sure I purposefully replaced my Aerosmith cassettes at some point in my past ... tonight, it's their 'Permanent Vacation' in the trash ... and the tune from that album is the one that opens the flip side of the tape (that will only mean something to those of you of a certain age).

It's a classic tale of love gone wrong ... a guy being harassed constantly by his woman for not making enough money who takes action when he finds out she's been sneaking out at night to be a hooker and withholds the sex from him in the mornings when she returns ... that action being shooting her in the heart with a gun he says to the jury that wants to hang him that he didn't know was loaded.  Gotta love a love song!

And ... as sage advice for all of us ... "hey boy ... don't you lie on the track-a-lack-a"!

SET AMONGST THE CRICKETS AND THE CREAK OF THE ROCKING CHAIR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JrDwVPhMU
 

No comments:

Post a Comment