March 26, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/26/16

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

[yep, one rave a month, for my health ... and for balance's sake ...]

... when you get it right, you get it right.

And the cartoonist that penned (cartooned?) this insta-classic earlier this month got it EXACTLY right!

As I age, I've determined that this fits me to a tee.  I definitely think that there needs to be more love for one's fellow man.  And I definitely make the proclamation from ye olde new household, fenced in as it is on most sides, doors and windows locked, an alarm turned on whenever we leave and during the overnight.  Especially with the half a decade of having the privilege of working from home, I am happy most times just to be with me and mine and to severely limit my actual interaction with others for the sake of my own mental health.  I have retreated to having the majority of my contact with my "fellow man" as e-interactions on social media (where it's much easier to "ghost" people who cross lines than in real life, which I've done before so I know it can be a real challenge).

It's how I succeed in having more love for my fellow man ... from a safe distance.

AND also ... if only I had seen this cartoon back when I started this blog.  I *so* could have named it "wise-ass on the hill".  Missed opportunity I guess ...

FOLLOW "PEARLS BEFORE SWINE":
http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine

LET'S GET MORE PEOPLE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET:
http://ahumanright.org/

ASOCIAL *NOT* ANTI-SOCIAL:
http://hubpages.com/politics/Asocial-Introverts-A-Guide-to-Understanding-Them

No comments:

Post a Comment