February 13, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 2/13/16

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

I have come to realize that I am a terrible person.

I am sexist.  I know this because, a few weeks ago, whenever I heard about Sophia Vegara and the Golden Globes, I thought about her breasteses.

I am racist.  I know this because, during a recent Lip Sync Battle episode, I had to admit that I sometimes confuse Hoda Kotb for Gayle King, and Michael Strahan for Terry Crews.

I am racist (round two).  I (also) know this because, while traveling to the Grand Canyon last week, and having stopped in a McDonalds in the foothills, I was struck by how white all the employees there were.

I am racist (round three).  I know this (finally) because, at the Grand Canyon itself, I was reminded that I had forgotten how many different types of Asians there are.

I am discriminatist.  I know this because, when faced with an option, I will always choose the handicapped stall because I just like to defecate in a space with lots of space.

I am going to hell.  I know this because, when hearing of the news of Antonin Scalia's departure from this earth, I immediately thought that God must be a Democrat.

They say self-awareness is the first step toward recovery ... so I guess I've got *that* going for me, if nothing else.

MADE ME REALIZE I WAS RACIST:
http://www.people.com/article/hoda-kotb-michael-strahan-lip-sync-battle

I ALMOST ASKED THIS QUESTION AT THE GRAND CANYON:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/questions-asian-people-are-sick-of-answering#.amw11WVMz

A RULING ON THE HANDICAPPED STALL USAGE ISSUE:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/dining-travel/rules-handicapped-stall






No comments:

Post a Comment