January 16, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/16/16

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I knew it was only a matter of time.

Last night, I had my first active shooter dream.

However, I don't want anyone to think that that means the terrorists won.  As a matter of fact, in my dream, the shooter was a pudgy boy of Indonesian descent, and I easily overpowered him in whatever office was standing in for the workplace in my nightmare.

[By the way ... I quick shout out to Albert T, the terrific young actor from Trophy Wife (which I watched) and Dr. Ken (which I'm not watching) whose head appears in my accompanying image in today's post.  My rudimentary cut and pasting skills are in no way intended to imply that he is (or was ever) an active shooter ... nor am I implying that he is Indonesian (he's not, he's full blooded American) ... however, the random character in my dream did remind me of him plus a dozen years and a couple dozen pounds, so it seemed the best way to convey what my subconscious experienced.]

Okay ... back to the dream.  In it, I went running into a hallway, and someone went fleeing past me, confirming that we were indeed an active shooter situation, and that person was immediately followed by the aforementioned chubby villain.  I was able to grab him from behind, and I got my hand on his trigger finger, and I pushed until all the rounds were fired into the wall.

Then it got weird.  Well, weirder.  The young man kicked off his shoes, and he activated some kind of suicide socks.  I let go of him, and he stood there, reaching out his hand to me in the style of ET.  He kept on repeating, "I have to touch you.  I have to touch you."

And then ... then I woke up, before the suicide socks exploded.

First ... I'll be damned if now *that* (dreaming about active shooters) becomes the new normal.

Second ... any Indonesians who come to visit me are going to have to take their shoes AND socks off before coming into the house.

Third ... this is what I get for watching all these fear-themed presidential debates ...

Ugh!

ADVICE FOR MY DREAMSELF:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/active-shooter-and-mass-casualty-incidents/run-hide-fight-video

ON SHOOTING DREAMS AND MUCH MORE ...:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s2.htm

AGAIN:  NOT A TERRORIST!:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5294965/

No comments:

Post a Comment