January 22, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 1/22/16

Just in case you've forgotten ... in 2016, every *other* Friday flashback is flashing way way back ... way beyond 1996 (two decades as per usual) ... and is featuring five photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed away three years ago.

For this set of pictures, I decided to let the current Winter Storm Jonas situation dictate which ones I'm adding ... and as with a vast majority of what I'll be sharing, many are withing time/date stamp AND without much information, so if anyone (particularly on the social media) knows any information, feel free to share.

I'm assuming these to be late 1920's/early 1930's, just based on my dad's birthday and the little kids here ... and, once again, the building shown last week appears, so I'm still assuming that's the family homestead in some form or fashion.

#6 - work trucks snowed in

#7 - said it was the turkey pen at grandma's (not sure if this was my dad's mother [MY grandma] or my dad's grandmother [my GREATgrandma])

#8 - long winter shadow (at same turkey pen?)

#9 - boys in the front yard playing with sled (same house ... maybe my dad near the tree trunk on the left?)

#10 - three girls and a boy, dressed up and holding toys while standing on the water pump platform outside of the house that's been in all the photos so far (maybe a "show your Christmas gift" pic?)



No comments:

Post a Comment