December 15, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/15/15

Turns out I have double copies of Christmas albums as well!

Which means, for this ongoing series where the cassette version of a release is being discarded because I also already have the CD on that side of my music collection, I'm going to run across a Christmas collection or two that fit the description of the purging that is (finally) happening.

I do so love me some Amy Grant around the holidays ... and so it was difficult to just choose one tune to feature, but, in the end, I'll settle for the country classic (also covered by Kenny Rogers and Reba McEntire and Vince Gill at various times) "'Til the Season Comes 'Round Again".

I think it perfectly captures the touch of melancholy that lurks behind many Christmas memories and delivers the admonition to be thankful for all whom gather *when* they gather ... never knowing what the future may hold.

Or, in the words of the song ...

May the new year be blessed with good tidings
Til the next time I see you again
If we must say goodbye
Let the spirit go with you
'Til the season comes 'round again.

REMEMBER THE MOMENT 'TIL THE SEASON COMES 'ROUND AGAIN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLKB3y1hZhQ

No comments:

Post a Comment