December 5, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 12/5/15

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... why can't we just accept the fact that we have a new possible answer to complete the phrase "as American as ..."?

Move over mom and apple pie.  Get thee behind me hot dogs and baseball.

The new American norm is the "active shooter situation".

Get your kids those bullet proof yoga mats they can hide under (see link below), arm yourself if you're so inclined to "stand your ground" as we do down here in Florida and, for Allah's sake, if "see something, say something".

As for me, I know myself well enough to know that I can't own a firearm, as I know I'd use it to shoot the penis off of the neighborhoodlum who took down a branch with the intent of poking it through the fence at our three legged dog to ensure that said idiot couldn't possibly procreate.  Or I'd go all Annie Oakley and learn a trick shot of blasting the cell phones out of the hands of distracted drivers.  Or I'd conceal and carry it any time I get on I-95 down here and risk everyone else's life since I'm already risking my own.

But you ... hey do what you want.  I'm okay with it.  Of course, I'm also not planning on leaving ye olde/new homestead ever again.

'Murica.

Gotta love it.

We don't need no stinkin' terrorists ... 'cause we can terrorize each other juuuust fine, thank you very much!

THE AFOREMENTIONED SCHOOLHOUSE NECESSITY FOR MODERN TIMES:
http://www.businessinsider.com/bodyguard-bulletproof-blanket-for-kids-2014-6

SPOILER ALERT ... WE CAN THANK THE PA DUTCH:
http://priceonomics.com/how-apple-pie-became-american/

ANNIE OAKLEY TRICKS ... COULD SHE SHOOT A CELL PHONE OUT OF A HAND?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJsuihZaHyI

No comments:

Post a Comment