October 20, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/20/15

Nothing personal, Mike D, MCA and the late Ad-rock ... it's just that it's your turn to end up as a Discarded Cassette in my ongoing series every other week where I'm finally purging the old cassette collection *so long as* there is a corresponding identical CD in the CD collection.

Which, for the classic 'Licensed to Ill', there is.

And speaking of classics ... how do I choose from the debut album with such great anthems of my youth like 'Fight for your Right' and 'No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn'.  I was *this* close to honoring the drinking side of my past by featuring 'Brass Monkey' (that funky monkey) ... but instead chose a song that I did NOT hear when I was lucky enough to see them in concert back in Chicago in the mid-aughts ... the seventh (?!) release from their debut album ... the slightly misogynistic (well, very misogynistic ... but, in the rap game, I'm afraid it got worse and not better after this) ... the vibraphone heavy and simply rhymtastic rendition of ... 'Girls'.

FOR THE DISHES, THE LAUNDRY AND CLEANING UP THE BATHROOM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e8j3-TuzCs

No comments:

Post a Comment