October 13, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/13/15

In honor of the lady who has finally come out of hiding (okay ... maybe she wasn't hiding so much as just happily living overseas for a bit) ... and her recently released 11th studio album ('Unbreakable') ... I'm going to take it back to when I was growing up and go a little old school to pick a tune from Janet (Ms. Jackson if you're nasty) to feature for today.

It's actually a song I had completely forgotten until hearing it again a few weeks ago on the 90's music channel on the TV (working from home, I have a different channel chosen for each day to have on in the background to make my own muzak variety for the "office").

Even though it had been years since I had last heard it, I found myself immediately singing along, word for word, up until the end when she (and maybe me) welled up to deliver the phrasing where she (and maybe me) emotionally breaks her voice.

I don't care if the critics called it treacly ... I heard 'Again' again ... and I fell in love with 'Again' again ...

POETICALLY JUST (IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIKEEB92jY


No comments:

Post a Comment