September 16, 2015

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 9/16/15

Dive-in Movies.

Used in a sentence:  "Before moving here to sunny southern Florida, I had no idea that it was super trendy to host Dive-in Movies."

[See what they did there?  They got the rid of the R!  So clever ...]

There are likely a few reasons why I missed out on this trend.  First, I'm not the trendiest of folks.  Second, despite having reached what I hope is mid-life, I still don't know how to swim*.  Third, movie nights for me are about lights out, volume up and voices shushed ... which is why I'd rather watch at home than in a public setting.  Fourth, there's something to be said about avoiding places that have become shooting galleries for the mentally imbalanced.

[*Just because I don't know how to swim (I panic when I can't touch bottom), doesn't mean I don't like the water (triple-negative alert!).  Give me a floatie or two, and I'll stay in the water for hours on end ...]

Before researching for this post, I thought this idea was so cutting edge ... and then I found out that it's all over the country as a concept ... but it was still new and novel to me ... even if I doubt that I'll ever participate.  Although, as the great philosopher of our time, The Biebs, says ... "never say never".

THE SOURCE OF THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGE:
http://fortlauderdaleonthecheap.com/free-dive-in-movies-at-pool-in-pompano-beach/

STILL GOING ON DOWN IN MIAMI:
http://miamionthecheap.com/movies-grapeland-water-park/

TURNS OUT THIS IS ON TREND EVERYWHERE:
http://reinventingevents.com/2014/07/host-dive-in-movie-night/

No comments:

Post a Comment