September 12, 2015

Random Posting for Penn State 9/12/15

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  So after last week's 10 sacks, I was happy that, on our side, we went sack-free today.
2.)  So after last week's 10 sacks, I was half expecting the *final* number of false start penalties to *also* hit double digits.
3.)  Or, in the words of the announcerperson, it was quite a "flag fest" today, wasn't it?
4.)  I'm also considering stealing the words of the announcerperson for another reason, in that I might just start referring to JOEY as "the big number 99".
5.)  It's so early in the season, I'm still trying to figure out which player to geek out over ... and speedy Brandon POLK is in the running (get it?).
6.)  ... and so is two sport (the other being hurdles) Saquon BARKLEY.
7.) ... and so is all star Carl NASSIB, especially after today's game.
8.) ... and so is Troy REEDER, if only because I like to hear my own name called out on the TV.
9.)  So we'll see how the season progresses (having a win helps with that, of course) ... and who ends up being worthy of my praise (which, let's face it, is a low bar, I realize).

In closing, thanks to all the half-naked kids who proved that body paint + downpour = general messiness ... and here's to next week's first night game of the season with Rutgers (a stripe-out, I hear).

GO CARL GO:
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/09/penn_states_carl_nassib_impres.html

GO SAQUON GO:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2565562-penn-state-rb-saquon-barkley-shows-off-hops-hurdles-defender-with-ease

GO STRIPES GO:
http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015/8/31/9236833/beaver-stadium-will-be-striped-out-for-penn-states-game-against-rutgers-big-ten-nittany-lions


No comments:

Post a Comment