September 5, 2015

Random Posting for Penn State 9/5/15

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  To tell the truth, I was considering doing 128 nuggets, in honor of the start of the 128th season, but even I have my limits.
2.)  Or I could have done 44, for the 44th meeting between these two teams ...
3.)  Or 32, for the number of consecutive wins against the Owls by Penn State ... EXCEPT that streak was stopped at 31 (wah-waaah).
4.)  Or I could have done just 3, for the number of years we've had Hackenberg at the helm.
5.)  Or, for that matter, 2 for the number of years we've had Franklin in charge.
6.)  But instead I'll do my usual 9 ... because that's my "shtick" and I'm "shticking" to it (insert groan here).
7.)  Speaking of groans, TEN SACKS?  I thought we had put the sceptre of "Sack"enberg behind us.
8.)  What is with the announcermen's fascination with the phrase, "hit 'em in the mouth"?  I counted *at least* three times that they said that was a side's strategy.  By the way, what I heard them say just once -- the name Paterno.  Just sayin'.
9.)  As any regular reader knows, I'm somewhat at a loss not being able to give any atta boy's to Ficken now that he's graduated ... so I'm warming up a "Good Job Joey" cheer for our 5'10", 259 lb kicker for this year ... for when we win, that is.

In closing, thanks to Jimmy Brodsky.  I know you're Temple's "ball boy", but as someone who grew up close enough to Philly, I did have to smile when you got your camera time, because you reminded me a little of Ben Franklin.  Now to learn from this game and to move on to something much much better next week ...

OH WELL ... ALL STREAKS MUST END:
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/5/9267111/temple-penn-state-losing-streak-win-christian-hackenberg

OH NO ... MORE SACKENBERG DRAMA:
https://twitter.com/search?q=hackenberg+sacks&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

OH MY ... JOEY'S A BIG BOY ... JUST SAYIN':
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/5/9266561/penn-state-kicker-joey-julius-big-toe


No comments:

Post a Comment