August 11, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/11/15

Living in southern Florida as I do, I must begin with a disclaimer for fear that my residence gets attacked by the Cubans (they are a loyal bunch) ... this photo is not a darn thing against the super talented Gloria Estefan or any of her Miami Sound Machine.

As a reminder, this ongoing "Discarded Cassettes" series is for those ancient cassettes that I can finally throw out because I have cross-referenced them against my CD collection and documented that they are a duplicate (everyone does this, right?) ...

Further proof that I love me some Gloria E, although I normally pick my favorite tune of the album being discarded, I've already previously posted some favorites ('Go Away' in the summer of 2010 and 'Always Tomorrow' in January of 2012).  The common thread for both of those posts ... they were during my vacations to Miami, when I always packed this CD to blare when going over the MacArthur Causeway past Star Island.

Luckily, though ... this collection is full of amazing tunes ... including tonight's choice.  Seeing as how I grew up in Pennsylvania, it seems somewhat appropriate that I finally put up the first song that she released after her horrific bus accident there.  As someone fond of the occasional rebirth, it's comforting to hear her announce that "starting again is part of the plan".

I FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT NOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7qLDizDYo

No comments:

Post a Comment