August 21, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 8/21/15

Last week was the living room ... tonight is my "office".

Although, truth be told, this was all one room seeing as how the pictures I'm referencing were from the townhouse at Greentree back in the day *twenty* years ago ... and how that space was one big common area wrapped around into the little kitchen.

It's interesting to see that sailboat art work (original ... from my surrogate grandmother JoAnne [RIP]), which has followed from place to place these last two decades ... and the collection of my *favorite* books separated from all the rest that are still kept in a special place in today's library (Richard Adams, Herman Wouk, CS Lewis and Susan Cooper, in case you can't zoom in to see them).

One thing that didn't survive?  That monstrosity that was my computer for my college years (yes, that's a floppy disk drive ... and yes, I'm *that* old).  But hey, it's where I stored all my murder mysteries from that time, and more than a few college papers, so it definitely had a useful purpose.  The ancient typewriter sitting next to it is just for show (and it also still exists ... just for show).

As for Catwoman ... well I'll save that story for next week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment