July 15, 2015

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/15/15

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance and Facebooking.

Used in a sentence:  "Somebody call Kübler-Ross and get her to update her five stages of grief, because, in the modern world, grieving includes a *sixth* key stage ... so I propose that it change to:  Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance and Facebooking."

Except, of course, Kübler-Ross has already died, so the chance to update the rubric may have passed.  It also may be that the Facebooking stage should be listed in a different position ... although a true understanding of the stages says that the way they are listed is NOT a linear timeline, and that they affect the grieving individual in an individual way.

As for me, I'm about halfway through the time allotted for me to be away from my employment to cope with my loss in my way ... and I can step outside of the situation and see how bits and pieces of each stage have been manifested these last few days ... and how there is still more work to go.  But I also want to pause and give thanks all of those in my (electronic) community who expressed sympathy and offered comfort and sent hugs and said prayers and provided insight.

Admittedly, when it comes to how much is shared on the Facebook :  to each his or her own ... but speaking for me, I am most appreciative of having heard from YOU and very grateful to have YOU in my life ... well, my e-life anyway.

THE CLASSIC VERSION OF THE STAGES:
http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

I'VE LIKELY BROKEN A FEW OF THESE ...:
http://nooga.com/160516/the-etiquette-of-facebook-and-death-a-word-from-the-emily-post-institute/

NOW YOU CAN LIVE *FOREVER* (MUAH-HA-HAAAA):
http://mashable.com/2013/02/13/facebook-after-death/


No comments:

Post a Comment