July 7, 2015

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/7/15

This new series is ... well ... new ... so just to remind you ... the tune for today will be chosen from a cassette that I am discarding from my collection -- NOT out of protest but because I *also* have the identical CD in that same collection .. and there's no need for both.

Besides ... what would anyone possibly have to protest about Air Supply?  Unless, I guess you were just anti-Aussie in general for some unknown reason.

As for me, from this greatest hits collection, I'll select the Jim Steinman composition that was his *original* stab at the sentiment of 'I'd Do Anything For Love, But I Won't Do That' (as famously provided to Marvin Aday) ... a POWER ballad (POWER deserving of the all-caps treatment) ... that really really does "make all the stadiums rock".  Or, at least, it made all my automobiles rock as I strained every vocal chord shouting the climax:

"And I can make you every promise that has ever been made,
And I can make all your demons be gone."

Demons be gone indeed!

OUT OF NOTHING AT ALL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9Y1xxz0Dk

No comments:

Post a Comment