July 6, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 7/6/15

Gone but not forgotten:  sparklers on the Fourth of July!

Or, more accurately, ME playing with sparklers on the Fourth of July.  (Which means that the photo accompanying this image, as per usual, is off of the google and not something I was lucky enough to take live.)

I know this might sound somewhat contradictory in light of my rants this weekend about leaving the pyrotechnics to the professionals out of respect for pets-n-vets.  I still stand by those declarations.  I saw the news about the football player who hurt himself locally putting on his own display, and I have no sympathy.  I mean, I do want him to get his pain medicine and be treated by his doctors (I'm not a sadist), but I don't feel sorry for someone that went looking for trouble.  And if his football career is over, may I recommend the job of shop teacher, as all the ones I've known wear those kinds of wounds with pride.

To me, sparklers belong in a lesser category (although I'm sure that they've been known to cause dozens of injuries each year as well) ... primarily because even *I* used to handle them ... when I was much much younger.  And if *I* can handle them, with my noted deficiencies in items requiring manual dexterity, then anyone should be able to whip one out and sparkle on.

Tiny fire sticks that I used to use to write my name in the air ... now that I'm too old to do that any more ... you are missed.

MAYBE I'LL HAVE TO GET SOME FOR MY NEXT OCCASION!:
http://www.pyrodirect.com/Category/sparklers

MAY I SUGGEST A CAREER CHANGE TO SHOP TEACHER:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500151/article/jason-pierrepaul-injures-hand-in-fireworks-accident

ONLY ON THE INTERWEBS (AND ONLY IN INDIANA):
http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-room/350910-your-shop-teacher-missing-any-appendages.html


No comments:

Post a Comment