June 18, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 6/18/15

To a regular reader, it's well known that I still love the Sunday comics, despite my being forty-(mumble).  As a matter of fact, this is the second week in a row where my thought for Thursday is inspired by something from the paper the weekend before.

I trace this affinity back to one of my childhood chores, where I was responsible for bundling the Lebanon Daily News in the basement for recycling.  I would sneak out that section and stash it away in a hiding place (which is it's own story, often referred to whenever I disclose the past and how it affects my present status as an apprentice hoarder), and read the adventures of the Peanuts gang, and little Orphan Annie, and Marmaduke and the like when I could sneak away for an unsupervised moment.

Without a doubt, I like to laugh or chuckle (or even guffaw as sometimes appropriate) ... but I'm actually more fond of the strips that make me *think* ... which finally brings me to today's image accompanying this post.  I will admit that I had to do a double (or triple ... or quadruple) take before I grasped the entirely of what it was saying ... but when I finally "got it", it spoke to me -- and not just because of my embarrassing story of the time my friends walked in on me with bloody fingers because I was assembling a desk and didn't realize that the hex key tool could be turned around to provide more leverage -- but because I truly believe that getting through life is all about perspective.

So, straight from the Sunday funnies ... let this be a reminder that things often aren't as they appear at first glance ... and a challenge to reconsider obstacles we're facing until we can surmount them ...

I'VE FEATURED SUNDAY COMICS BEFORE ... YEARS AGO ...:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/Theme%20Week%3A%20Sunday%20Comics

HOW MANY OF YOURS MADE THE LIST:
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/01/best-sunday-comic-strips-of-all-time/

IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE:
http://www.highexistence.com/10-sentences-can-change-perspective-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment