June 22, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 6/22/15

Gone but not forgotten:  Roy.

Or, to be more accurate ... gone AND forgotten until yesterday ... Roy of the Peanuts.

[And yes, this is the third week in a row that something from the Sunday funnies is inspiring a follow up post in the days after.]

It's not that I consider myself a Peanuts expert or anything ... despite my propensity for letting out a quality "good grief" every now and then ... but I do like to think that I am familiar enough to know the difference between Linus and Rerun or to be able to point to the correct sibling in a photo of Snoopy with Spike, Andy, Marbles, Olaf or Belle (although I'll admit to not being able to tell the Woodstock birds apart [Bill, Harriet, Olivier, Raymond, Fred, {another} Roy, Wilson and Conrad]).

Which is why I was so surprised to see Peppermint Patty (sans Marcie) interacting with Roy this past weekend.  I did some digging and it turns out Roy was indeed a character who tended to show up when the kids were at camp and who apparently lived in Peppermint Patty's neighborhood.

Little boy Roy who apparently got bumped when Peppermint Patty discovered she liked hanging out with the girls (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), you will (no longer) be missed (because now I know that you existed in the first place)!

IN CASE YOU WANTED TO RESEARCH ROY:
http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Roy

OR SNOOPY'S SIBLINGS:
http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Snoopy's_siblings

OR WOODSTOCK'S FRIENDS:
http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Woodstock's_bird_friends

No comments:

Post a Comment