May 10, 2015

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/10/15

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Mother's Day, of course!  So Happy Mother's Day to ...

She who bore me*:  Mother Mary ...

Those required to refer to me as their son by the power vested in God and the state of Pennsylvania (at least for the period of time between that ceremony and the divorce decree):  MaryAnn, Paulette and that last one late in my father's life whose name I don't even remember (don't judge me ... it was his "spite marriage" anyway).

Those who graced my life as motherly substitutes:  Judy W, Laura W and Evelyne L.

Those grand motherly types, now all deceased:  Esther N, Irene S and JoAnn D.

Those strong women who influenced my life in other ways:  Aunt Catherine in Elverson, Mrs. K of high school (Polly K), Mrs K of college (Roz K) and Aunt Shirly of Indiana.

*Honorable mention this day to my momma's egg lurking behind the 70's style IUD that one of my father's little swimmies overcame as an obstacle.  And a special thanks to said IUD for being so lazy on the job, hence allowing me a chance to have something to say on this holiday.

And to whichever one of of you sent this actual email to my work address (it was caught in spam) ... very very funny!

THANK YOU IUD, FOR BEING SO INEFFECTIVE IN THE SEVENTIES:
http://www.gynob.com/history-of-the-iud.htm

THE 'ORIGINAL' MOTHER'S DAY MESSAGE:
http://time.com/3850695/mothers-day-2015-origins/

HELP YOUR MOM NAVIGATE THE INTERNET SPAM FREE:
http://ask.metafilter.com/201132/Mom-stop-sending-me-spam

No comments:

Post a Comment