May 18, 2015

Random Memorial for Monday 5/18/15

Gone but not forgotten:  the last bottle of Gazebo room on hand.

Funny how, when you move from where you grew up, you create a list of "specialty items" that you try to acquire for your pantry in your new locale.

The list once included things like Yeungling (not available in Chicago but in the grocery stores here in Florida) and Tastikakes (once found only in the Walmarts but now available all over BUT no longer purchased as I'm *somewhat* watching my waistline) and Lebanon Bologna (also not in Chicago but kind of found here in Florida ... in that it's an acceptable substitute that doesn't quite get the consistency right but tastes mostly like the home grown stuff).

Now the list of items being missed for which suitcase space is worth saving has been narrowed down to Bickels chips, Utz BBQ ridged chips and the Gazebo room dressing (which I only discovered the years I was a Harrisburgian).  The worst part about this predicament?  I'm not sure that I have plans to visit the place where this stuff is sold until my college's 150th birthday party in October 2016.

Salad dressing that I once tried to drink straight out of the bottom of the bowl because I loved it soooo much, for the next 17 months or so ... you will be missed.

OH WAIT ... MAYBE IT'S AS EASY AS ORDERING IT ONLINE:
http://gazeboroom.com/

OH WAIT ... MAYBE IT'S AS EASY AS ORDERING IT ONLINE:
http://utzsnacks.com/

OH WAIT ... YOU GET THE IDEA:
http://www.bickelssnacks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment