May 8, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 5/8/15

Yes, I know.  It's *yet* another picture of those of us who performed in my MMQs back in the day (that day being twenty years ago in the late spring of 1995 and MMQ standing for mysterious murder quests aka audience participation murder mysteries).

But this one is special for a couple of reasons.

First, it's in color, which means it was taken *after* the show and was not one of our black and white promotional stills that I usually post.

Second, the guy in the upper right is Darren L, and it may be the one time that he made it all the way to central PA (those who know LVC nightlife might recognize the Underground, which is where this particular show ended).  Darren was a big part of my life back in the Uniontown era, when we worked together in my cousin's theatre company, and he played the role of "older brother" during my late-blooming-development stage (and he *literally* played my older brother in our first show together, Neil Simon's 'Come Blow Your Horn').

According to the search feature of the blog, this is the fifth (and likely the final time) that Darren will appear in my photo flashbacks ... but to put things in perspective, he also did get a shout-out during my bonus series of posts back when the world was supposed to have been ending as one of the three main male influences during the time when I needed that kind of influence the most.

By the way ... as for why I was *in* the trash can for this shot?  Well you're going to have to see the show to solve *that* mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment