May 22, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 5/22/15

In light of the retirement of David Letterman this week, it seemed only fitting for tonight that I choose the one time I know of where *I* appeared on a top ten list ... twenty years ago when this picture was taken.

Of course, maybe I shouldn't really be blog-bragging since I was only item number seven on the list, but it was still an honor all the same.

The occasion?  My annual (for a few years, anyway) participation in the central PA Hugh O'Brian Youth Foundation leadership seminar (which I attended first as a sophomore representing my high school way back in 1987). This particular image was presented during the annual talent show ... by the alumni association ... which I was advising at the time ... so they may have been a little biased towards liking me.

It is hard to imagine that two decades have passed since my heyday with this group, but I'll always have the memories.  And unless you've been through the experience, it's hard to put it into words ... other than ... of course (for those in the know) ... it was ... OUTSTANDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment