April 4, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/4/15

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... it's soon Watchathon Week (for those of you with Comcast/Xfinity like me).

Lookit -- I claim my addiction.  That way it doesn't control my life (too much).  And my addiction is television.  I've managed to reduce some aspects ... for instance, I only read one TVGuide instead of the three or four I used to cross-reference.  And I only watch History, H2 or PBS specials if they show up on demand, so I'm not trolling the channels at the beginning of the week to fill up the DVR.

On the flip side, though, there is the fact that the DVR is in a perpetual state of 98+% capacity (the watching of things is just to make room for more things).  And there's that spreadsheet I maintain of programs with their on-demand expiration dates (if relevant) that is color coded and keeps track of that which is currently airing and that which I'm hoping to find.

But hey, if I weren't so devoted, I might have missed the uber-talented Lennie James when he drops by *any* show to improve the quality of *any* production (currently on The Walking Dead ... but there was Hung and Jericho before that) ... or I might have missed the recent uber-creative episode of Modern Family that took place entirely on i-products (although I still refuse to drink the i-kool-aid, so take *that*, product placement).

I've said it before ... I might miss the latest movies to hit the megaplex, but give me characters who stick around in whom you can become invested (note to self:  I might have unexplored abandonment issues), being able to watch them in the comfort of your own living space ... and I'm hooked.

So ... if you need to reach me for anything, please delay your contacting of me until April 13th.  Much appreciated ...

THE 2015 LINE-UP HAS BEEN REVEALED:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/02/23/watchathon-week-2015-coming-april-6-12/

LENNIE JAMES ... MAKES *ANY* SHOW BETTER:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-lennie-james-actor-age-42-829091.html

THE MOST MODERN MODERN FAMILY YET:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/02/26/modern_family_iphone_episode_connection_lost_and_storytelling.html






No comments:

Post a Comment