March 7, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/7/15

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ..

... I'd be remiss to not pause and be grateful for the fact that, despite being in my early 40's (I refuse to accept that it's the *mid* level until the number is at least 45), I was able to handle the yeoman's work related to this recent move (that is *almost* complete in so many ways ... but still ongoing in several other ways as I post this).

Seeing as how the "big move", which was from Chicago to southern Florida last year around this time, was handled by professional movers, I thought that I might have reached the expiration date for moving heavy furniture and dealing with the stress of setting up house so soon after having just set up house.  Perhaps serving as inspiration -- the fact that although the truck was loaded up last year by young men who clearly went to the gym much more than I (and seeing as how I lift at home, and only before going out on the town -- that's actually not a bar set very high at all) ... when it was time to unload down here, two elderly gentlemen showed up to do the deed ... and I swear one of them said that he was recently recovered from a heart attack.

Now, here it is, with the bulk of the heaviest work completed, and it turns out the only damage I suffered to my corporeal being were two scraped knuckles and the exacerbation of my ongoing mysterious right heel pains.

Not too bad for a man quite possibly past the halfway point of his lifespan!

EVER WONDER ABOUT THE AFOREMENTIONED YEOMAN?:
https://notesfrombabel.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/a-plague-on-words-yeomans-work/

EVER WONDER ABOUT RANDOM HEEL PAIN?:
http://www.foothealthfacts.org/footankleinfo/heel-pain.htm

EVER WONDER ABOUT HOW LONG YOU'D LIVE?:
http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/form.html

No comments:

Post a Comment