March 21, 2015

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/21/15

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... whatever happened to the good old days when McDonald's double folded their take out bags?

Let's start with establishing authority ... I was a happy McEmployee there from 1988-1990.  It was one of my first paying jobs ... at the late eighties wage of $3.50 hour according to my records.  (Actually, between that and my years at Hills Department Store, I basically got to see just about everyone in my hometown of Lebanon on a regular basis.  Well -- everyone except those whose allegiance was to Burger King or Murphys Mart.)  So I know of what I speak ... I drank the McKoolAid and made damn sure that any bag I sent over the counter or out of the drive thru window was properly double folded (as pictured in the stock photo above).

I can only conclude that my local McFolks just don't care about McPresentation any more ... or they are just too darn McLazy ... because now my bagged purchases just get thrown at me without any fold at all, starting my fries on the cool down journey as if they were the cool side of the double styrofoam McDLT container (kids:  you might have to look this up or ask your parents about the famous "cool stays cool and hot stays hot" menu item from the good old days).  After checking the interwebs, there's even a slight chance that the trend change isn't about laziness or lack of training but might be an ill-guided effort to shave seconds off the time it takes from order to food delivery.

Seeing as how I'm just slightly OCD, rest assured that I complete the task every time an improperly folded bag is in my hands ... so I'm thinking, since I'm doing some of the McWork, I'm going to start asking for a McDiscount!

IF YOU WORKED THERE, JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/492710597416055/

DOUBLE FOLDED BAGGING DISCUSSED AND DEBATED:
http://www.reddit.com/r/McDonalds/comments/2pv8x1/bagging/

DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT IT'S IN THE TRAINING:
https://books.google.com/books?id=QWE7GKaKaKQC&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=mcdonalds+training+double+fold+bag&source=bl&ots=bj2PG6bQxt&sig=CwSvTqUdPIODjT25iUKFm_e3sXw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=kwMOVaTdB4HUgwSgwoHgAQ&ved=0CE8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=mcdonalds%20training%20double%20fold%20bag&f=false


No comments:

Post a Comment