January 4, 2015

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 1/4/15

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

The fact that, as a whole state, we've passed New York to become the 3rd most populous.

Turns out ... "I ... like ... big states and I cannot lie.  You other brothers can't deny ..."  Not counting a semester abroad way back in 1990, my home addresses have all been in PA (6th biggest), IL (5th biggest) and now FL (now 3rd biggest).  With a prediction that the last chapter of my life will take place in the California desert ... it looks like I'll be on trend to the end.

Mind you ... getting the statistics right ... it's not that Florida is growing the fastest (that's reserved for North Dakota, apparently on the strength of the job market there [so maybe, in my currently unemployed state, I should reconsider my short term domicile arrangements?]), it's just that where New York's population was once 5x that of Florida in 1950, now many of them move down here, drastically changing the dynamic.

So ... seeing as how me and mine contributed to those numbers during the time frame of this study (moving from IL not NY) ... you're welcome Florida!

BYE BYE NEW YORK ... WE'RE NUMBER 3 NOW!:
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2014/cb14-232.html

LOOKING FOR WORK?  WHY NOT NORTH DAKOTA?:
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2014/03/18/north-dakota-oil-skilled-labor-shortage/

NOT EVERYONE SHARES THE OPINION THAT FLORIDA SHOULD KEEP GROWING:
http://www.alternet.org/economy/10-reasons-you-should-not-move-florida-floridians-who-know


No comments:

Post a Comment