January 30, 2015

Random Flashback for Friday 1/30/15

I previously posted part of this photo last year on the Facebook during my 2014 birthday shtick ... but now the whole thing fits into my "tale of twenty years ago", because it was post holidays in Jan 1995 that the five of us gathered at a party hosted by the couple on the left and posed for this picture.

What connected the five of us (puppy excluded)?  The fact that we had all studied abroad together for the fall semester of 1990 in Koln, Germany (with about a dozen other people ... but we were the only five at this gathering -- Doug, Kari, Cindy, Karl and me).

Keeping my math straight ... this was a five year reunion of sorts and the last time that a group of us gathered (to my knowledge) -- but it wasn't the first reunion (see my flashback Friday posts from April 2012 ... which were flashing back to April 1992 ... which was the timing of the first reunion) and hopefully it won't be the last.  After all, the last three months of this year will mark the 25th anniversary of our trip together!

Maybe we should launch a kickstarter campaign to send us all back to the Dom (assuming our aging bodies could still climb up the 509 stone steps).  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment