January 1, 2015

Bonus Post: From the Kap-files #2

From the Kap-files #2:

[ReKap:  In 2 calendar days, my position is being eliminated at my job, and so I'm looking back through my files, mental or otherwise, representing nearly 11 years with the company ...]

#2:  Seems only appropriate that I save one of my "prized" work-related possessions for last.  Gifted to me by a departing employee back in the last decade, it's an autographed copy of Stanley H. Kaplan's auto-biography.  I'm not saying that it's worth tons of money on the ebay ... or that it has much value to someone not in the business or the company ... but for me, it's a bittersweet reminder that, when given to me, the comment was made that she wanted to give it to someone who would value it and who would have longevity with the organization.  Now, it will take its place in the "Kaplan" box in my archives.


No comments:

Post a Comment