December 3, 2014

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 12/3/14

Happy (fill in the blank after following the flowchart)!

Used in a sentence:  "I've already discovered that it's an adjustment to get in the holiday spirit being here in warm and sunny Florida with so few of my neighbors decorating (side note:  I'm off for the next few days to get that done here at the [new] old homestead) ... which means I'm probably late in kicking off the holiday season with well wishes to all of those from every background whom I consider friends (mostly in the Facebook re-definition of the word) ... so here goes:  Happy (fill in the blank after following the flowchart)!"

And before you send me letters ... please know that I recognize that this flow chart is not exhaustive, as those of you who celebrate Bodhi Day or Pancha Ganapati or Boxing Day or Chalica are all excluded (thanks wiki!).

Despite the ongoing controversy over the appropriate December greeting, I'm beginning to understand why the all inclusive Happy Holidays is preferred for those of us who interact with others not identical to ourselves.

In lieu of my usual collection in triplicate of companion links ... I found one other image that seems to best summarize my thoughts:


No comments:

Post a Comment