December 4, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 12/4/14

So over on the Facebook, [as exclusive bonus content not available on this blog], I was doing the traditional "season of gratitude" posting a status update every day in November ... and I ran out of days in the month before I ran out of things for which I was thankful (which, come to think of it, isn't really a *bad* problem or anything).

So ... for the next two Thursdays, I'm going to provide the items here that I didn't have a chance to post there ...

Day 30+1:  THANK YOU to whatever combination of nature and nurture ensured that I'm a happy drunk.  I've interacted with my fair share of drunks of a different ilk (the angry, the sullen, the psychotic, the confrontational, those who take inspiration from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, those who take inspiration from Leaving Las Vegas, etc, etc) ... but when I'm "buzzed", I'm just me, sharing the dollars in my pocket with various industry types, watching from my vantage point in the corner of the bar to make sure I don't miss anything that's happening, thinking that everyone is so so pretty, smiling to hear a song on the jukebox, timing my intake to line up with the last call, accepting of a well orchestrated regurgitation session (that I call "spitting up") knowing that alcohol will take care of that taste in my mouth AND feeling pleased that I'll be able to continue imbibing now that there's more space in my stomach for more rounds ... and just being an all around happy (albeit inebriated) cat!

ONE LIST OF SEVEN DRUNK TYPES (MY TYPE IS #1):
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/the-7-kinds-drunk-people-youll-find-parties.html

ANOTHER LIST OF TEN DRUNK TYPES (MY TYPE IS ALSO #1):
http://collegetimes.com/2014/02/14/10-types-of-drunk-personality-which-one-are-you

IF DRINKING IS OUT OF CONTROL, THERE IS HELP AVAILABLE:
http://www.aa.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment