December 9, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/9/14

Track 24 of the 39 that will all eventually be featured one at a time every Tuesday (we're almost up to the point where we start the second cassette ... *almost*) and it's the SECOND appearance of Marvin Aday.

Except this time ... he is not alone.

I refuse to choose favorites (everything is "the best" in its own way), but I have been looking forward to putting up this tune since I started this trip down college-memory-lane way back on July 1 of this year.

It's a song none of us from FE213 even knew existed, or as mixmaster Jon M says in the liner notes (oh yeah ... there were liner notes to this mix tape), "As the story goes, I went out to the Boscov's mall to buy the Beavis and Butthead Experience CD [and] before I made the purchase, I decided to look around.  Well, I just happened to notice this Meatloaf CD sticking out that I had never seen before -- as you know, I had to buy it.  As I was listening, I heard the distinct voice that sounded like old Cher.  So I looked in the credits on the CD booklet, and, as they say, 'the rest is history!!!'"

History indeed.  Sweet sweet Cher-ian history!

WITH A VIDEO FILMED AT "WALT'S INN":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlJMKkkjZo

No comments:

Post a Comment