December 11, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 12/11/14

So over on the Facebook, [as exclusive bonus content not available on this blog], I was doing the traditional "season of gratitude" posting a status update for every day in November ... and I ran out of days in the month before I ran out of things for which I was thankful (which, come to think of it, isn't really a *bad* problem or anything).

So ... as I did last Thursday and as I'll do again tonight, I'm going to provide the items here that I didn't have a chance to post there ...

Day 30+2:  THANK YOU to the true colors exposed on the Facebook.   Any political organization would be jealous as to the big tent party going on daily on my feed (because, thankfully, my list of those whom Facebook labels as friends, have come from all walks of life and represent so many different chapters of mine).  I get to keep tabs on the moderates, the extremists, the bleeding hearts, the heartless, the 99%ers, the 1%ers, the miserable, the joyful, the supportive, the self-absorbed, the indignant, the giving, the reflective, the ones who would give Job a run for his money and should have a book of the Bible written about them for the calamities that regularly befall them, the short-fused, the open-minded, the closed-minded, the allies, the bullies, the confused, the humorous, the self-promoters, the artistic, the people addicted to television, the folks who never met a quiz they wouldn't take, the inspirational, the observers, the likers, the ones in need of therapy, the ones who have gone off their meds, the insightful, the ones most likely to incite, the labelers ... and you (unless *you* belong to one of those categories, of course).

And how do I recognize all of those categories so easily?  Because, over the years, I suspect I've belonged to each one of them in some form or fashion!

OK ... THAT'S TOO MANY LABELS TO NOT BALANCE IT WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

OK ... I CAN'T SAY "TRUE COLORS" WITHOUT THIS SONG POPPING INTO MY HEAD:

OK ... IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE MY LIST NEXT TIME I MAKE IT:

No comments:

Post a Comment