December 28, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 12/28/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

The Guinness Book of Records certified displays at the Oasis church out in Pembroke Pines, which I got to visit on Christmas night.  In 2012, it was recognized for the most live lit Christmas trees (530) ... and in 2011, for the most nativity sets on display (2300).

I'm a creche collector myself (it was supposed to be one for every room ... but now it looks like I'm going to have start doubling up OR add on some more rooms), so my ears perked up as soon as I read the article describing it in the local paper (oh, more accurately said, I guess that was my eyes that perked up).

The accompanying image is just one of the many ways that they were presented ... with more full shelves distributed throughout the sanctuary and the vestibule.  And a bonus ... outside it was snowing (well, some kind of fake snow that looked a little like confetti) and they had ice skating (well, a waxed board for some kind of rubber bladed things) and they had hot chocolate (well, and eggnog for those that find drinking hot chocolate in 80 degree temps off-putting).

In lieu of my usual companion links, I'll include the next three nativities that I'm hoping to add to my collection:



No comments:

Post a Comment